As far as network storage is concerned, two and four bay appliances sell like hotcakes. Recognizing this, Western Digital, having previously launched MyCloud EX4, went to the drawing board to refine their cloud storage solution. The end result of this refinement is the product we have in house today, the MyCloud EX2.
The MyCloud EX2 features a design some will be familiar with. With the exterior, we have something that compliments the MyBook lineup, a tried and true design that most of us love for its simplicity and elegant curves. Internally, the drawing board comes into play. Here we have an upgraded SoC in the form of the Armada 370 operating at 1.2GHz, alongside 512MB of DRAM, with a single Gigabit Ethernet port placed on the back of the unit and dual USB 3.0 ports rounding out the I/O connections.
This new two-bay storage solution is available in 4TB, 6TB and 8TB capacities, all of which are setup from the factory in RAID 1. There is also a diskless option available from WD.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
MSRP for the WD MyCloud EX2 in the 4TB capacity is set at $369.99, while the 6TB model is listed at $469.99 and the 8TB at $569.99. The Diskless option can be had for $199.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [WD MyCloud EX2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and NAS Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Random and Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Consumer Multi Client]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch to have Gamecube Virtual Console games
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs