Of course, there are the obvious considerations to take in when looking at the DS6. Things like the fact that once we had our gear in the chassis we were nearing the sixty pound mark. Think about that a minute, as we did not add one bit of water cooling to the build, and that is another ten to fifteen pounds pretty easy, if not more. This chassis is also very tall and deep front to back, and once this chassis is full, you may very well want the assistance of someone to help you get this chassis to something that needs to be very sturdy to hold this chassis.
We like what the DS6 offers, and while pricey to some buyers, for those who want to use an HTPX motherboard, run four video cards, have room for water cooling, and still get the full assortment of bay drives, there are few choices and most are expensive. This chassis may be a bit late to the game as Xigmatek, CaseLabs, and a few others have already offerred solutions of this magnitude, but none of them did it with the low sound levels that the Deep Silence 6 brought forth.
We did have some damage caused by shipping, and this is not the first chassis from Nanoxia that I have had issues with in this manner. I also donated a chassis that only went across the state, and that front panel got caved in. The issue is that Nanoxia Deep Silence cases are just too heavy for the packaging they are inside of. With Styrofoam being used, I would venture to guess that maybe a switch to high density foam is needed here. The minor cracks and broken pieces were not enough to make the chassis dysfunctional or make it rattle, but had we been paying customers, we would not be very happy.
Of course, Nanoxia would step up and do what they can to replace the broken parts, but as anyone would, we just want it to arrive in great shape the first time. Outside of that issue, though, Nanoxia really does pay great attention to detail, offering some modularity; extra cabling to be sure you are good to go; and all the hardware to get the lowest power Mini-ITX build installed or the higher-end system that this enormous chassis just screams to have installed into it.
While this chassis may be the biggest or heaviest chassis you have ever pondered filling with components, for the near $200 price point that Nanoxia and their retailers are getting for the Deep Silence 6, it isn't just size and weight you are buying into. Fully loaded with features, a good level of sound dampening, the ability to have a near silent chassis, and the ability to flick a switch and get high performance cooling are also what you are buying in to.
Of course, personal choice in fans or water cooling options may change the acoustic levels, but one thing is for sure, the Deep Silence 6 HPTX will leave you wanting for nothing as they have thought ahead and did what it takes to deliver what may be a slightly niche chassis, but it is one serious solution to those in this market and should not be glossed over when looking for your next chassis.
PRICING: You can find the Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 retails for $229.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance