128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. The HGST Ultrastar SSD800MH is in its own league with the highest sequential read speed we have recorded from a single 2.5-inch SSD. It came in at 1,243 MiB/s. The Toshiba PX02SS goes toe-to-toe with the HGST SSD800MM in sequential read speed, with both delivering an average of 1,040 MiB/s and 1,056 MiB/s, respectively.
All three SSDs are very consistent, but the SSD800MH provides the lowest overall latency.
The SSD800MH sets another record with a sustained speed of 779 MiB/s, and the SSD800MM averages 702 MiB/s. The PX02SS scores slightly over its rated speed at 417 MiB/s. It is important to note that the PX02SS is not designed with sequential workloads in mind; its specification for sequential write is 410 MiB/s.
The SSD800MH takes the lead in the 128k mixed workload test.
The SSD800MH averages 9.87 watts, the PX02SS averages 6.08 watts and the SSD800MM requires 8.68 watts for the sequential write workload.
The SSD800MH averages 78.4 MiB/s-per-Watt, the PX02SS averages 88 MiB/s-per-Watt, and the SSD800MM provides 80 MiB/s-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST SSD800MH Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives