Thermaltake Core V71 Full-Tower Chassis
With the vast expanse of fine mesh running down the front bezel of the Core V71, it does give it that tall and slender look, with a fair bit of style and very little aggressiveness to it. At the top, there are two mesh and removable bay covers; other than those, only the logo and naming at the bottom denote what this chassis is, or rather who made it.
As the front makes a gentle curve to the start of the top panel, the Core V71 offers a lot going on in the front I/O. To the left are the reset button, HDD activity LED, the high and low buttons of the fan controller, and a fan LED switch. In the center is a power button with an LED ring, and to the right, we see two USB 2.0 ports, a pair of USB 3.0 ports, and the audio jacks.
Stepping back a bit, the top panel offers the same feel as the front aesthetically and will allow any cooling setup under it ventilation to breathe, and it looks really good while doing it.
Taking a look at the left side of the chassis, we see the extended top panel used on the Core V71 that affords many more cooling options than just hanging things inside. We also see that the textured steel panel offers a huge window that gives us our first glance at the light blue drive trays inside of this chassis, as well as everything else.
As we moved around to the back, we noticed that the top section also offers a dust filter that runs the entire length of the top panel.
Just under the dust filter is a large chunk of the panel cut away to allow a grip to remove it.
The back of the chassis starts with external water cooling holes with grommets above the rear exhaust fan. To the left of those is the rear I/O followed with eight ventilated expansion slots and more passive mesh to their right. That leave the PSU to be mounted at the bottom, and it also offers a dust filter.
The right side of the Core V71 is a fair bit plain to look at, but along with the textured paint applied to this steel panel, the majority of the panel has been extended another 5mm in depth to offer additional room for wire management behind the motherboard tray.
Under the chassis are large plastic feet that have strips of rubber applied to add a bit of grip. It is here we also see the bottom offers two dust filters. There is one under the PSU that goes out the back, and there is one for the front that requires removal of the bezel to access it through the front.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Core V71 Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Core V71]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015