Let's start with the bad and then talk about the good. As far as complaints or concerns go, I only really have three. I've been using this monitor for several weeks now and only really have one complaint related to my use: if you turn the monitor off fully to conserve power, then the monitor takes a long time to start up.
I've already addressed one of my other complaints towards the very beginning of this review, but I'll restate it here. During assembly, I had to use two different types of screwdrivers. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes the little things really are the things that matter. It's a simple fix and it's not clear why Acer's engineers didn't do it from the start.
Finally, my last concern is in regards to the monitor's VESA mounting. As you can see in the picture below, the mounts are located in a recessed location on the back of the monitor. This, coupled with the fact that the ports project out the back as opposed to the bottom, leads me to believe mounting options will be limited. I foresee that the monitor would only be useful on an articulating arm and likely wouldn't work with a flat mount against a wall. Unfortunately, I didn't have a mount handy to check, so it is possible that I am wrong regarding this, but it is something you should definitely look into before purchasing if you are planning to mount the display flat on a wall.
On the flip side, I really like the way the ports are oriented horizontally on the back as opposed to vertically out the bottom. It makes connecting up the wires a breeze.
Overall, my impressions with the Acer S241HL bmid have been positive. The display really works quite well, produces a nice image, and won't break the bank if you are in the market for a mid-range, middle-of-the-road display.
PRICING: You can find the Acer S241HL bmid monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Acer S241HL bmid monitor retails for $158.50 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset