Crucial M550 256GB SSD
At this time, Crucial is only shipping the M550 in a 'drive only' package and doesn't offer a desktop or notebook optimized kit. This aids in keeping the price low but, at the same time, reduces the accessory package.
Inside, we found the drive and a 7mm to 9.5mm bracket.
Here we get our first look at the actual drive. Oddly, Crucial places the graphic label on the underside of the drive, but it's nothing new for the company.
The information label is on the top cover. The cover is exactly that in this case, just a thin sliver to protect the PCB. The other side of the case is a one-piece design that also doubles as a heat sink.
Inside the drive, we found sixteen NAND flash packages, a Marvell controller, a Micron DRAM package, and capacitors for host power fail protection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes