Video card releases are a little all over the place at the moment as we have just about every type of model sitting in our lab. We've got everything from entry-level mid-range cards like the GTX 750 Ti 2GB that just launched to the MSI R9 290X 4GB Lightning that just showed up on our doorstep hours before I started writing this.
Today, we're checking out something that has been sitting around for a little but had truly grabbed my attention the moment we received it.
The MSI GTX 760 2GB MINI-ITX Gaming OC, as the name suggests, is a model that is aimed at the Mini-ITX market, a market that has exploded in the last few years due to companies like BitFenix and the highly popular Prodigy case that really took the computer world by storm.
From the moment I pulled the MSI GTX 760 2GB MINI-ITX Gaming OC out of the box, I found myself extremely impressed with what MSI was offering from a look and feel perspective. Still, we won't go into too much detail here as we'll cover that and more in the coming pages. For now, though, the first thing we need to take a look at is the package that MSI is offering.
It's been a while since we've looked at the GTX 760 from NVIDIA, so it will be good to see how it performs today, especially against the newly released GTX 750 Ti. At around the $250 mark, the GTX 760 2GB has done a good job of performing well at its price bracket, and we're looking forward to seeing just what MSI has done with its version today. As we mentioned, though, the first thing we've got to do is check out the package that MSI is offering, so let's get straight into it.
Taking a look at the package, you can see the overall design is similar to other Gaming series cards we've looked at with the black and red design and the dragon image. We can clearly see model and series, and in the bottom left corner, we can see that the card is an OC Edition.
Turning over to the back of the box, you can see some of the main features are covered, including support for the Gaming APP and Military Class 4 components. The main feature here, though, is the Radax Fan, which is one we haven't seen before. MSI states on its website, "The new MSI RADAX fan is a Hybrid Radial/Axial fan that provides the benefits of both fan types.
This allows for low temperatures and low noise despite the tiny size of the card." It all sounds very good, but we won't know how it all goes till a little later on.
Diving into the package, we've got the normal Quick User Guide and Driver CD. On the connector front, we've got a 6-Pin-to-8-Pin PCIe power connector, alongside a DVI to VGA connector and Mini-DP to DisplayPort connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Vivendi buys more Ubisoft shares, takeover rumors begin
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched