Cougar does a relatively decent job when it comes to the connector availability and cable summary chart. There are certainly more modular connectors available than modular cables provided, so you can move cables around as needed to balance the load across the dual 12V rails.
Speaking of 12V rails, let's look at the dual 12V rail layout for the Cougar CMX V3 850W power supply. 12V1 consist of the 24-pin Main, the native PCIe cables, half of the modular PCIe connectors, and all of the connectors labeled for your peripherals. 12V2 takes care of the rest, providing power for the natively wired EPS12V connector along with the second half of the modular PCIe connectors.
A Look Inside
Inside is a clean layout with three large heat sinks and a few smaller ones to draw heat away from the unit. Cougar couldn't have gone much smaller on the unit as the PCB is packed and there isn't any space to spare.
A pair of Japanese manufactured Panasonic capacitors are found on the primary side of the unit.
The secondary side is filled with Teapo caps.
Cougar uses the Young Lin Tech DFB132512H fan to provide the active cooling in this power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- What if Microsoft uses Steam to power PC to Xbox game streaming?
- Street Fighter V now ready for pre-load on PSN and Steam in NA
- Far Cry: Primal's story isn't linear, tied to building up your village
- This rugged Chromebook can be dropped from 2 feet off the ground
- Sony is bringing Crash Bandicoot back, says NECA exec
- ViewSonic 27-inch 4K LED Monitor (VP2780-4K) Review
- Help choosing a motherboard
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives