HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
To be sure we achieved accurate figures between the drives, we ran each of the following tests three times and averaged out the results.
Here we see the Raptor well and truly shine against the other two drives, showing us a 4.8ms advantage over the SATA Seagate drive, with the PATA drive trailing behind. Not too shabby at all!
In this case, we see some extreme results from the Raptor with a whopping read burst speed of just over 118MB/sec. That's a burst speed increase of more than 30MB/sec over the other drives.
Once again, we still see the Raptor clearly ahead of the 7,200 RPM Seagate's with its average read speed still being higher than the other drives maximum read speeds. You'll notice that the Seagate PATA's max read speed is slightly higher than the SATA drive, but otherwise falling behind.
All three drives in this test show superb results with very little CPU being used to push massive amounts of data. Understandably, the 10k Raptor brings more to the table in the way of overall performance so give a little take a little; this is why you see it eating up slightly more in the way of resources.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Experience 2016: watch here live
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset