HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
To be sure we achieved accurate figures between the drives, we ran each of the following tests three times and averaged out the results.
Here we see the Raptor well and truly shine against the other two drives, showing us a 4.8ms advantage over the SATA Seagate drive, with the PATA drive trailing behind. Not too shabby at all!
In this case, we see some extreme results from the Raptor with a whopping read burst speed of just over 118MB/sec. That's a burst speed increase of more than 30MB/sec over the other drives.
Once again, we still see the Raptor clearly ahead of the 7,200 RPM Seagate's with its average read speed still being higher than the other drives maximum read speeds. You'll notice that the Seagate PATA's max read speed is slightly higher than the SATA drive, but otherwise falling behind.
All three drives in this test show superb results with very little CPU being used to push massive amounts of data. Understandably, the 10k Raptor brings more to the table in the way of overall performance so give a little take a little; this is why you see it eating up slightly more in the way of resources.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni