Small form factor storage solutions come in handy for those that want to backup multiple computers or, in modern times, mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. Additionally, these devices allow you to take your files with you no matter where your travels may take you.
The Seagate Backup Plus Slim is one such solution coming in 500GB to 2TB capacities featuring USB 3.0 connectivity. In addition to this, we have Seagate's Dashboard software that allows you to configure and schedule backups of your PCs and mobile devices. Compatibility of the Backup Plus Slim extends to Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 along with OS X 10.6+. MSRP for the 2TB version in-house today is set at $149.99 with a two year warranty.
Scope of delivery for the Backup Plus Slim includes the USB 3.0 cable and reading materials.
Our sample of the Backup Plus Slim was delivered in the blue color scheme. There are additional colors available, including black, red, and silver.
On the edge of the enclosure, you will find the USB 3.0 connection.
Like the Backup Plus Fast, this solution also uses the Samsung M9T 2TB hard drive.
Above, we find ourselves on the landing menu with a full array of options available.
Next we have the option to setup a backup plan for the drive.
There is the additional option of setting up mobile backup via logging into a Seagate Account and using the mobile app.
Here we have the settings menu that allows you to keep the Dashboard software up to date.
Above, we have our first set of results from sequential testing. Here we have the Backup Plus Slim reaching 127 MB/s read.
Write speeds for the Backup Plus Slim come in at 125 MB/s.
Price/Performance has the Backup Plus Slim as more value for your money over the larger capacity Backup Plus Fast by just 7 percent.
The Seagate Backup Plus Slim with its array of color options and use of aluminum strikes me as a well-built drive. I would say, though, that the aluminum top plate does offer less protection for your drive if you were to drop it than would the Backup Plus Fast and its hard plastic shell.
Performance of the unit was inline with expectations, coming right inline with previously tested drives. However, the capacity of this unit should set itself apart in today's market. In our testing, we were able to touch 125 MB/s read and write, which puts this in the top two on our charts, right next to its big brother, the Backup Plus Fast.
MSRP of the 2TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim is set at $149.99 with a two-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Seagate Backup Plus Slim (2TB) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Seagate Backup Plus Slim (2TB) retails for $104.09 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact