Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X 3GB OC
AMD recently launched a new model that has been for most part floating under the radar. The R9 280 (non-X) 3GB, as you'd expect, falls between the R9 270X and its bigger brother, the R9 280X 3GB. The model isn't a huge release for AMD, which is obvious by the fact that little promotion is being seen for the card. The only sample we've received utilizing the new model is the one we're looking at today.
It came as no surprise that Sapphire was the first company to sample the model. Being an AMD-only partner means they want to promote as many AMD products as possible. The R9 280 3GB we're looking at today is part of the newer Dual-X series, which tells us that the card will carry with it a dual-fan setup.
Apart from that and the amount of memory the new model is wielding, we don't know too much else. To date, AMD has done a pretty good job with the launch of the R series video cards. Today, we're going to find out if AMD can keep that trend going with its new R9 280 3GB.
The first thing we need to do, though, is take a closer look at the card itself, so let's leave it at that and move forward to see just what Sapphire is bringing to the table with the new R9 280 Dual-X 3GB OC.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the front of the box, you don't see anything too out of the ordinary when it comes to the overall design. We've got a nice purple and black color scheme going on, and you can see the main features are mentioned here along with the model in the top right corner, which is the Dual-X R9 280 3GB. Across the bottom, you can see we're dealing with an Overclock version of the card.
Turning the box over, you can see we've got a bit of a blurb on the left side about the new Dual-X cooler. On the right side, you can see an expansion on some of the main features, including the 3GB of GDDR5, Dual-X cooler, and support from Sapphire's TriXX overclocking software.
As we move inside the package, you can see it's all a very standard affair. There's a piece on Sapphire Select club alongside a quick install guide and Driver CD. You can see we've got a Sapphire case sticker, CrossFire bridge, and two Molex-to-6-Pin PCIe power convertors. You can also see the bundle is finished off with the standard HDMI cable that Sapphire includes in so many of their mid-range and up bundles.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 15 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup