When I received this power supply for testing and review I was more than a little doubtful that a small 350 watt unit could maintain itself in any regard when pitted against an enthusiast rig. After all is said and done, I found myself to be pleasantly surprised. Though a little light in the 3.3v rail, it performed on par with many larger capacity models.
As far as price is concerned, the Super Tornado looks to be in the US$80 price range, so doesn't come in at too hefty a price tag. While you will certainly find other power supplies that can outperform this model, you'll find their prices range a good deal higher as a rule.
Bottom line...If you're getting into the enthusiast arena for the first time and are looking for quality power on a budget, you'll find a worthy competitor with this product. With a decent price and performance on par with larger power supplies, this one bears consideration. But if you're making big plans for several lighting effects, go ahead and get something with a higher overall power rating.
Good overall performance
Able to handle enthusiast system
Only one SATA adapter
Slightly low output on 3.3v rail
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 350w - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 2 [Features]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 3 [What You Get]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines