If you've been with me during our past few power supply articles, you'll recall that I mentioned the fact that most computer part sales are made to men. Given this fact and the knowledge that men are driven by visual stimulation, there seems to be a growing standard in small pictures to describe features available in current power supplies. So let's take a look at what the Super Tornado brings to the table.
120mm Cyclone Cooling Fan - This one is pretty much a no-brainer. Take a larger fan and spin it at a slower speed and you will find yourself with the same or better cooling than a faster spinning smaller model. This has been proven again and again in the heatsink arena.
Smart/Silent Fan Control - This is becoming almost common in modern power supplies. Within the unit itself is a small thermal probe that measures the internal temperatures. When the readings get too high, it automatically increases the fan speed to help dissipate the heat. Let the temperature remain low, however, and you'll find the PSU lowers the fan speed to help keep noise levels at a low level.
Ultra Ventilation - This is nothing more than a fancy way of saying they have a cool honeycomb design for the ventilation.
Active PFC - There are huge discussions regarding this topic, but to try to put it into a nutshell, Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) is a means of more efficiently converting the AC current into a usable DC signal that is then utilized by your system. This more efficient conversion reportedly equates to a lower annual electric bill. The jury is still deliberating on this topic, but I haven't found it to hurt anything to have it incorporated in a power supply, so it isn't a bad thing in any way.
Super High Efficiency - As mentioned above, a computer runs on a DC current. When the power comes into a PSU in its native AC format, it has to be changed over to be usable. In any conversion process you will have a certain amount of waste, but the newer power supplies to hit the streets are running at a higher level of efficiency. The higher the percentage (80% in this case), the better.
Universal Free Input - This particular feature allows the power supply to automatically determine whether the native power source is 120v or 240v. There is no longer a need to look at the toggle switch on the back to make sure it is set correctly.
Cable Management Kit - This is another item that is becoming more common, and also appreciated. Included with the PSU is a cable management kit that allows you to take control of the loose wiring and create a cleaner interior for your case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 350w - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 2 [Features]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 3 [What You Get]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel