It used to be that when it came to the purchase of a power supply for your PC, all you had to do was go down to the local geek store and pick up whatever happened to be in stock. Power levels along any given voltage rail and total output weren't things to even be given a second thought. But then there came the enthusiast machine and the world changed.
Now instead of picking up what was cheapest, you had to take into consideration what kind of peripherals you were going to install, figure in the number of optical and physical drives while still leaving some headroom for future expansion or overclocking. My how the world was turned on its ear!
Lately, there has been a lot of discussion regarding how much power is really enough. A common recommendation (even in our own forums) is to get nothing less than 400 watts of total output, and even then buy only from a proven manufacturer.
So consider my surprise when the folks at Seasonic asked me to take a look at their Super Tornado PSU with a total sustained output rating of 350 watts! Could it stand up to the rigors of an enthusiast rig? Can it live up to the hype printed on its own packaging stating "The advanced choice for gamers & overclockers"? And at only 350 watts? Let's find out, those are big brave words to be spoken!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 350w - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 2 [Features]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 3 [What You Get]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched