It used to be that when it came to the purchase of a power supply for your PC, all you had to do was go down to the local geek store and pick up whatever happened to be in stock. Power levels along any given voltage rail and total output weren't things to even be given a second thought. But then there came the enthusiast machine and the world changed.
Now instead of picking up what was cheapest, you had to take into consideration what kind of peripherals you were going to install, figure in the number of optical and physical drives while still leaving some headroom for future expansion or overclocking. My how the world was turned on its ear!
Lately, there has been a lot of discussion regarding how much power is really enough. A common recommendation (even in our own forums) is to get nothing less than 400 watts of total output, and even then buy only from a proven manufacturer.
So consider my surprise when the folks at Seasonic asked me to take a look at their Super Tornado PSU with a total sustained output rating of 350 watts! Could it stand up to the rigors of an enthusiast rig? Can it live up to the hype printed on its own packaging stating "The advanced choice for gamers & overclockers"? And at only 350 watts? Let's find out, those are big brave words to be spoken!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 350w - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 2 [Features]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 3 [What You Get]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives