It used to be that when it came to the purchase of a power supply for your PC, all you had to do was go down to the local geek store and pick up whatever happened to be in stock. Power levels along any given voltage rail and total output weren't things to even be given a second thought. But then there came the enthusiast machine and the world changed.
Now instead of picking up what was cheapest, you had to take into consideration what kind of peripherals you were going to install, figure in the number of optical and physical drives while still leaving some headroom for future expansion or overclocking. My how the world was turned on its ear!
Lately, there has been a lot of discussion regarding how much power is really enough. A common recommendation (even in our own forums) is to get nothing less than 400 watts of total output, and even then buy only from a proven manufacturer.
So consider my surprise when the folks at Seasonic asked me to take a look at their Super Tornado PSU with a total sustained output rating of 350 watts! Could it stand up to the rigors of an enthusiast rig? Can it live up to the hype printed on its own packaging stating "The advanced choice for gamers & overclockers"? And at only 350 watts? Let's find out, those are big brave words to be spoken!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 350w - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 2 [Features]
- Seasonic 350w - Page 3 [What You Get]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- Samsung's new 3440x1440 display has FreeSync and 100Hz
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller