128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size encountered in an enterprise scenario. The Toshiba PX02SS goes toe-to-toe with the HGST SSD800MM in sequential read speed as both deliver a blistering average of 1,040 and 1,056 MiB/s, respectively. The PX02SM is within its expectations at 812 MiB/s.
Latency testing reveals very little latency variation with sequential read activity for all three SSDs.
The HGST absolutely dominates the sequential write testing with a blistering average of 702 MiB/s. The two Toshiba models score slightly over their rated speed at 417 MiB/s.
The faster speed of the HGST SSD800MM leads to significantly lower latency than that of the competing Toshiba models.
The percentage testing gives us another deeper perspective of the performance of the Toshiba drives. While the HGST provides excellent performance across the board, it actually loses more than half of the chart. In mixed read/write environments, we witness the PX02SS having a distinct advantage on the more read-centric mixtures until we hit a 70 percent mix. The HGST drops tremendously from 0 percent read (100 percent write) to the 10 percent mixture, while the Toshiba has a more graceful descent across the chart. This gives the Toshiba a win in seven of the categories, while the HGST mops up the remaining four.
The PX02SS averages 6.08 watts, and the HGST requires 8.68 watts for the sequential write workload.
The PX02SS averages 88 MiB/s-per-Watt, while the HGST provides 80 MiB/s-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SS Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook