Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
While the R9 270 2GB was one of the last cards to be launched, we continued to find ourselves impressed with what AMD was offering. Filling in that gap between the R7 260X 2GB and the R9 270X 2GB, the R9 270 2GB did a good job coming in at the low $200 mark. The model also helped AMD continue to apply pressure to NVIDIA on its own line of cards.
The Sapphire R9 270 2GB Dual-X OC is going to set you back somewhere around the low $200 region at the time of writing. You are, of course, paying a slight premium for the upgraded cooler, but it clearly seems to do a good job. Overclocking wasn't too bad, and the noise levels alongside the temperature ones continued to look strong.
Getting into the bundle of the card, it's all very typical Sapphire. The added HDMI cable helps the company stand out slightly from the competition. While it's not something that you'll use right now, the addition of an HDMI cable laying around the house is great. I needed one just the other day, and I was able to grab from a Sapphire box. It's not the biggest extra, but it beats a game that you're not going to play or just simply nothing at all.
When it comes to performance, the Sapphire offering is going to be slightly quicker out the box when compared to the reference-clocked card thanks to the slight overclock they offer. Of course, if you want to get more out of the card, you can fire up something like Sapphire TriXX or MSI Afterburner and get even more performance out of the model.
For the money, the R9 270 2GB is a good model that offers some great bang for your buck. As always, Sapphire offers us a great variant of the model. The Dual-X line of cards isn't new to us, and it's manage to impress us in the past. Designed for mid-range AMD models, the series does a great job. If you're looking at spending around that $200 mark, the Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X 2GB OC is a great option. Fire up some overclocking software, and you can get even more performance out of the model with very little effort.
PRICING: You can find the Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X 2GB OC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X 2GB OC retails for $199.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20