HD Tach has been around for a long time and is excellent when it comes to testing hard drive performance. It is also a very handy program when it comes to testing the controller used on particular motherboards. Tests such as Read, CPU Utilization and Burst are available at a click of the button and give you a good idea of how the hard drive can perform from system to system.
The ABIT system has a huge win here. Considering they are running on the same controller, the ABIT system really comes out a head when compared to the Soltek and Shuttle systems. Let's see if its speed carries over to its burst.
When it came to burst speeds the Shuttle ST61G4 comes out on top.
While the ABIT DigiDice did win in the average read speed, it was at the cost of more CPU utilization. When accessing the hard drive, the Shuttle system has the best score using only 2.3% of your processor.
Using a program called CD to MP3 Ripper (v1.50), we timed how long it would take to convert our retail copy of "50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'" from CDA to MP3 format using the bit rate size of 192kbit for the entire album. Obviously lower is better.
Thanks to the overall processor power the time it takes to rip a full CD from its original form to a 192Kbps MP3 is quite quick. Only a maximum of six seconds separate the units with the order being Soltek, ABIT and Shuttle.
Let's see what happens when we start some gaming.
Find the lowest price on Small Form Factor based Products!
Further Reading: Read and find more Computer Systems content at our Computer Systems reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Intel to reclassify Atom processors with Atom x3, Atom x5 and Atom x7
- LG's unveils Watch Urbane LTE, lets you make calls from your wrist
- Corporate leaders are aware of IoT, but aren't really prepared for it
- Companies transitioning to better detection, response of cyberattacks
- Not a Rubix Cube - much cooler. Waterproof linux-powered cube PC
- HIS Multi-View HDOCKP USB 3.0 Portable Docking Station Review
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse