RAID 5 8k Random Read/Write
The 9361-8i tops out at 508,572 IOPS at 256 OIO, while the ASR-8885 reaches 538,099.
The 9361-8i provides lower latency at 8-128 OIO, but it loses the lead at 256 OIO.
The 9361-8i takes the lead in 8k random write testing with an average of 41,802 IOPS at 128 OIO. The ASR-8885 peaks at 64 OIO with 29,490 IOPS, but it falls significantly under higher load.
The 9361-8i provides lower latency during the test.
The mixed workload testing shows the cliff both controllers experience when we mix in a 10 percent write workload, though the ASR-8885 falls lower than the 9361-8i. The 9361-8i leads this test with the exception of the pure read workload.
We observed the same performance trend from the ASR-8885 in our mixed workload testing. The same latency penalty is incurred as we mix in more write activity, reaching 16ms with a 90 percent write workload.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017