RAID 5 8k Random Read/Write
The 9361-8i tops out at 508,572 IOPS at 256 OIO, while the ASR-8885 reaches 538,099.
The 9361-8i provides lower latency at 8-128 OIO, but it loses the lead at 256 OIO.
The 9361-8i takes the lead in 8k random write testing with an average of 41,802 IOPS at 128 OIO. The ASR-8885 peaks at 64 OIO with 29,490 IOPS, but it falls significantly under higher load.
The 9361-8i provides lower latency during the test.
The mixed workload testing shows the cliff both controllers experience when we mix in a 10 percent write workload, though the ASR-8885 falls lower than the 9361-8i. The 9361-8i leads this test with the exception of the pure read workload.
We observed the same performance trend from the ASR-8885 in our mixed workload testing. The same latency penalty is incurred as we mix in more write activity, reaching 16ms with a 90 percent write workload.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand