LSI 9361-8i Design
The 9361-8i features a Low-Profile PCI Express form factor (68.9mm x 167.65mm). The heat sink is a departure from previous LSI designs, and a 70-pin connection for the CacheVault Flash Module resides to the immediate left of the heat sink.
Five Micron DDR3 1866 MHz packages line the middle on the rear side of the controller. This totals 1GB of cache in a 72b arrangement (5). The controller also features 16MB of flash ROM for firmware and 32KB of NVSRAM for storing RAID configurations.
The rear bracket allows airflow out of the chassis. The controller requires a standard 200 linear feet per minute of airflow.
The two SFF-8643 ports feature a horizontal orientation to ease cabling in dense server environments.
The cornerstone of the new LSI 12Gb/s controller family is the LSISAS3108 SAS controller, which communicates with the host via a PCIe 3.0 x8 connection.
We selected the HGST's SSD800MH SSDs to test performance. Eight of these SSDs are powerful enough to saturate even the fastest of controllers. We have written a product evaluation of the slightly slower version of this SSD, the HGST SSD800MM. Look to these pages soon for an evaluation of the SSD800MH, which features sequential read/write speeds of 1200/750 MB/s and read/write IOPS of 145,000/100,000 IOPS.
LSI 9361-8i Specifications
The 9361-8i features a revamped, user-friendly BIOS. LSI also provides other methods to manage the controller. StorCLI provides a command line interface, HII (UEFI Human Interface Infrastructure) handles UEFI interaction, and the easy-to-use MegaRAID Storage Manger manages the card from within the operating system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- SanDisk expands superfast MicroSD lineup
- LG partners with Valve to make next-gen VR headset
- Official 'Alien Covenant' prequel short released online
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity