LSI 9361-8i Design
The 9361-8i features a Low-Profile PCI Express form factor (68.9mm x 167.65mm). The heat sink is a departure from previous LSI designs, and a 70-pin connection for the CacheVault Flash Module resides to the immediate left of the heat sink.
Five Micron DDR3 1866 MHz packages line the middle on the rear side of the controller. This totals 1GB of cache in a 72b arrangement (5). The controller also features 16MB of flash ROM for firmware and 32KB of NVSRAM for storing RAID configurations.
The rear bracket allows airflow out of the chassis. The controller requires a standard 200 linear feet per minute of airflow.
The two SFF-8643 ports feature a horizontal orientation to ease cabling in dense server environments.
The cornerstone of the new LSI 12Gb/s controller family is the LSISAS3108 SAS controller, which communicates with the host via a PCIe 3.0 x8 connection.
We selected the HGST's SSD800MH SSDs to test performance. Eight of these SSDs are powerful enough to saturate even the fastest of controllers. We have written a product evaluation of the slightly slower version of this SSD, the HGST SSD800MM. Look to these pages soon for an evaluation of the SSD800MH, which features sequential read/write speeds of 1200/750 MB/s and read/write IOPS of 145,000/100,000 IOPS.
LSI 9361-8i Specifications
The 9361-8i features a revamped, user-friendly BIOS. LSI also provides other methods to manage the controller. StorCLI provides a command line interface, HII (UEFI Human Interface Infrastructure) handles UEFI interaction, and the easy-to-use MegaRAID Storage Manger manages the card from within the operating system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Bethesda throws a massive game sale on Steam
- PS4 Pro upgrades of PS4 games take no effort, says Sony
- New Moto Racer 4 gameplay trailer revealed
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook