A lot of thought went into designing the Rosewill RSV-Z2600. Even when we found issues, we can see why Rosewill chose the route they did. Fitting a full size ATX power supply in a 2U case means the case top and bottom meet the PSU, but Rosewill made a vent for users like us using older components. Ideally, we would purchase a new PSU with an 80mm fan on the front to keep the internal components cool, but that would increase the cost. Anyone targeting a $70 rackmount case isn't looking to spend a lot of money on the build, so cutting corners by using existing components is always nice for us DIYers.
Like the other Rosewill rackmount cases we tested a few months ago, the RSV-Z2600 is much better than what you expect to get for the money. I have rackmount cases that cost twice this much but are half the build quality. I would consider this model more of a specialty build since it lacks front drive bays, but it can hold four HDDs and motherboards with up to 4 PCIe slots, so you can build a nice little server in this case. The 2U design also works well when you're trying to conserve rack space.
It may not sound like much, but on the value added side, Rosewill includes three 80mm fans in the case. Again, when trying to keep the cost down, anything included necessity is nice since you won't have to buy more components.
If you plan to use this case without rails, then try to keep the weight of your components to a minimum. The ASRock motherboard use used in the build has an onboard Atom processor and an aluminum heat sink, so the entire setup is very light. The power supply, on the other hand, is heavy, so we may replace this before finishing our Pfsense build.
Overall, the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 is exactly what we went looking for. It's cheap, has nice build quality, and allows us to use existing components we had in the office.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Rosewill RSV-Z2600 retails for $99.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Rosewill RSV-Z2600 Rackmount Case]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- Hardware deals: GTX 1050 only $95 & cheapest Ryzen 5
- Instagram reaches 700 million users
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design