Rosewill RSV-Z2600 Rackmount Case
Here we get our first look at the RSV-Z2600. The case has two USB 2.0 ports, a pair of LEDs, a reset button, and power button on the front, but that's it. Most systems built-in this type of case are used for communication purposes, such as routers.
The power supply side had a vent cut into the side of the case. The power supply can install leaving a little room for air to flow in or out of the system here, or you can place the PSU right against the side of the case, which blocks this vent off.
Four screws hold the top of the case on. The screws are on the side instead of the back. The case is only a half depth case, so it's light enough to use without rails, but that also means to get inside you'll need to remove the whole case from the rack. The front rack ears are strong enough to support the weight of the case, but we recommend using a lighter power supply and not a big heavy enthusiast style PSU.
Another vent near the CPU helps to keep the system cool.
The system can only use up to a micro-ATX or smaller motherboard, but it does accept a full size power supply. There are a handful of very good micro-ATX motherboards on the market, and most are very stable for communication appliance use. We're using something a little different for this build, though, since we're trying to keep power consumption as low as possible.
The top of the case has another vent that's just above the power supply. It's not a problem if you plan to use this case in the top of the rack like we plan to. If you plan to stack cases on top of each other, you will need to choose your power supply carefully. If stacking cases, then your power supply will need to pull cool air in from the front and not the top of the power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Rosewill RSV-Z2600 Rackmount Case]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched