Our benchmark validation and test lab is growing again, so naturally we're adding more rackmount systems to the triple 42U racks. For over a year, we've had an old Pentium 4 based 1U system running Pfsense.
We found it's impossible for most consumer routers to serve more than a hundred IP addresses without running into problems. Just as difficult is putting up with the fan noise of a 1U Pentium 4 system coming from our DIY router. We've lived with it for long enough, but now it's time to reclaim some sanity by lowering the ambient noise of the room.
We've already tested Rosewill's 4U server rack cases, but we needed something smaller, lighter, and cheaper for this project. The Rosewill RSV-Z2600 fit the bill perfectly, and the $69.99 price point didn't hurt the wallet either.
Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
Built using 1mm steel, the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 is a 2U half depth rackmount chassis that can hold a Micro-ATX motherboard and four 3.5-inch HDDs. It ships with three 80mm cooling fans but is void of 5.25-inch bays, so you can't mount an optical drive. The case is perfect for building a low cost appliance like a router or DHCP / DNS server.
As mentioned in the introduction, the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 2U chassis costs less than $70. The 1mm steel chassis might not seem like much, but it's thick enough to keep the case from flexing under its own weight, something of a rarity on rackmount cases at this price point.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Rosewill RSV-Z2600 retails for $99.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Rosewill RSV-Z2600 Rackmount Case]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand