Our benchmark validation and test lab is growing again, so naturally we're adding more rackmount systems to the triple 42U racks. For over a year, we've had an old Pentium 4 based 1U system running Pfsense.
We found it's impossible for most consumer routers to serve more than a hundred IP addresses without running into problems. Just as difficult is putting up with the fan noise of a 1U Pentium 4 system coming from our DIY router. We've lived with it for long enough, but now it's time to reclaim some sanity by lowering the ambient noise of the room.
We've already tested Rosewill's 4U server rack cases, but we needed something smaller, lighter, and cheaper for this project. The Rosewill RSV-Z2600 fit the bill perfectly, and the $69.99 price point didn't hurt the wallet either.
Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
Built using 1mm steel, the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 is a 2U half depth rackmount chassis that can hold a Micro-ATX motherboard and four 3.5-inch HDDs. It ships with three 80mm cooling fans but is void of 5.25-inch bays, so you can't mount an optical drive. The case is perfect for building a low cost appliance like a router or DHCP / DNS server.
As mentioned in the introduction, the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 2U chassis costs less than $70. The 1mm steel chassis might not seem like much, but it's thick enough to keep the case from flexing under its own weight, something of a rarity on rackmount cases at this price point.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill RSV-Z2600 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Rosewill RSV-Z2600 retails for $99.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Rosewill RSV-Z2600 Rackmount Case]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Sonic announced for PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo NX
- AMD to have a massive volume launch of next-gen Zen CPUs in early 2017
- Facebook CEO says 'AR will be where VR' is today in 5-10 years
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard