Looking at the ROCCAT software, we can see at the top what driver and firmware you are currently using above the bright blue naming in the header. The window offers four tabs, of which we see the main control tab. In it, there are options to change the Caps lock key for basic functionality or use it as the Easy-Shift[+] button. They allow the locking of the Function key, and they also allow five other keys to be disabled below that. The right side offers the settings to change the time waited for a stroke to repeat as well as the rate at which it is repeated. There is also a section for audible feedback through the PC as well as the place to reset the driver when you screw things up too badly. At the bottom, we see that there are also five profile slots to use for the layers, macros, and basic usage.
Key assignment is where a lot of the magic happens. On the left, there is a box that will show the key you have selected in the image of the Ryos MK to the right. Clicking on a button will allow the widow at the left to give you options for it. With the dropdown list exposed, we see seventeen options and groups, and those seven groups can get quite lengthy with options as well. There is also the Macro Manager button that will open a basic options panel for programming your own Macros, but it also offers a very up-to-date list of presets for popular games, VOIP services, and desktop applications.
We also have the R.A.D. tab. Here the software assigns a value to each key and gives you points based off of usage. In this image, we only had the software on for a few hours prior to taking this and could not have had this many key strokes already. It also awards users with trophies for getting to certain levels of use so that you can compare with other ROCCAT users.
The Update/Support tab offers exactly that. The left side allows users to check for updates and download the latest drivers for this device as well as showing the driver and firmware versions currently in use. The right side offers links for online support, a support form, and even a link to send out an e-mail.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017