Sony has packed in a decent list of specifications into the SmartWatch 2. We have a 1.6-inch touchscreen-capable LCD screen with a resolution of 220x176. That might seem like a low resolution, but remember this is something that wraps around your wrist.
We have NFC capabilities to get it synced up to your smartphone, something that makes using the SW2 unbelievably easy. Bluetooth 3.0 is on offer, and microUSB is used for charging. On top of this, we have the SmartWatch 2 being water-resistant, too.
All of this hardware is good for around 7 days of low usage, and 3-4 days of something that Sony considers "normal" usage, which I would presume is always tapping the SW2 and using it as a quasi-smartphone, which is something I don't recommend and personally didn't do during my review.
The power button was quite nice to press. It felt like it actually 'pressed in' versus just tapping some soft button.
Flipping the SW2 onto its back, we find that there's not much going on here.
Sony has used an all-quality build here; you can see it, and feel it, all over the SmartWatch 2.
How does the SmartWatch 2 charge? Through a microUSB port on the side of the watch itself.
The screen itself, with its low resolution, is enough for what you need to do. The SmartWatch 2 has six icons to choose from. Most of the fun is on the first screen.
You can actually dial directly from the SW2, which is a nice touch.
To get the Sony SmartWatch 2 working with your smartphone, you'll need to have Android 4.0 or later installed. Most decent Android devices are running versions of Android later than Android 4.0, such as Android 4.1 or 4.2, or some with Android 4.4 like the Nexus 5 smartphone.
Sony has provided quite a few apps and plug-ins that are ready to go on the SW2. You can't do much with the SmartWatch 2, but Sony does provide call-handling abilities, so you can answer, reject, mute, and handle the volume of the call on the SmartWatch 2. SMS/MMS, e-mail, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Music, Calendar, and Slideshow access are all on the SW2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99