Sony has packed in a decent list of specifications into the SmartWatch 2. We have a 1.6-inch touchscreen-capable LCD screen with a resolution of 220x176. That might seem like a low resolution, but remember this is something that wraps around your wrist.
We have NFC capabilities to get it synced up to your smartphone, something that makes using the SW2 unbelievably easy. Bluetooth 3.0 is on offer, and microUSB is used for charging. On top of this, we have the SmartWatch 2 being water-resistant, too.
All of this hardware is good for around 7 days of low usage, and 3-4 days of something that Sony considers "normal" usage, which I would presume is always tapping the SW2 and using it as a quasi-smartphone, which is something I don't recommend and personally didn't do during my review.
The power button was quite nice to press. It felt like it actually 'pressed in' versus just tapping some soft button.
Flipping the SW2 onto its back, we find that there's not much going on here.
Sony has used an all-quality build here; you can see it, and feel it, all over the SmartWatch 2.
How does the SmartWatch 2 charge? Through a microUSB port on the side of the watch itself.
The screen itself, with its low resolution, is enough for what you need to do. The SmartWatch 2 has six icons to choose from. Most of the fun is on the first screen.
You can actually dial directly from the SW2, which is a nice touch.
To get the Sony SmartWatch 2 working with your smartphone, you'll need to have Android 4.0 or later installed. Most decent Android devices are running versions of Android later than Android 4.0, such as Android 4.1 or 4.2, or some with Android 4.4 like the Nexus 5 smartphone.
Sony has provided quite a few apps and plug-ins that are ready to go on the SW2. You can't do much with the SmartWatch 2, but Sony does provide call-handling abilities, so you can answer, reject, mute, and handle the volume of the call on the SmartWatch 2. SMS/MMS, e-mail, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Music, Calendar, and Slideshow access are all on the SW2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015