Sony has packed in a decent list of specifications into the SmartWatch 2. We have a 1.6-inch touchscreen-capable LCD screen with a resolution of 220x176. That might seem like a low resolution, but remember this is something that wraps around your wrist.
We have NFC capabilities to get it synced up to your smartphone, something that makes using the SW2 unbelievably easy. Bluetooth 3.0 is on offer, and microUSB is used for charging. On top of this, we have the SmartWatch 2 being water-resistant, too.
All of this hardware is good for around 7 days of low usage, and 3-4 days of something that Sony considers "normal" usage, which I would presume is always tapping the SW2 and using it as a quasi-smartphone, which is something I don't recommend and personally didn't do during my review.
The power button was quite nice to press. It felt like it actually 'pressed in' versus just tapping some soft button.
Flipping the SW2 onto its back, we find that there's not much going on here.
Sony has used an all-quality build here; you can see it, and feel it, all over the SmartWatch 2.
How does the SmartWatch 2 charge? Through a microUSB port on the side of the watch itself.
The screen itself, with its low resolution, is enough for what you need to do. The SmartWatch 2 has six icons to choose from. Most of the fun is on the first screen.
You can actually dial directly from the SW2, which is a nice touch.
To get the Sony SmartWatch 2 working with your smartphone, you'll need to have Android 4.0 or later installed. Most decent Android devices are running versions of Android later than Android 4.0, such as Android 4.1 or 4.2, or some with Android 4.4 like the Nexus 5 smartphone.
Sony has provided quite a few apps and plug-ins that are ready to go on the SW2. You can't do much with the SmartWatch 2, but Sony does provide call-handling abilities, so you can answer, reject, mute, and handle the volume of the call on the SmartWatch 2. SMS/MMS, e-mail, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Music, Calendar, and Slideshow access are all on the SW2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- Fully prep for the ITIL Foundation Exam for just $39
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce teased with 'Order of 10' mystery
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched