WD Xe 10k Internals
The Xe comes in the standard 15mm 2.5-inch form factor.
The dense foam pads help protect the PCB from vibration, and the white thermal pads allow the controller components to shed heat into the drive housing.
The upper left of the PCB holds two DRAM packages that total 32MB. A Winbond motor controller is placed on the right side of the PCB, and the secondary processor is near the bottom edge.
The Marvell i1248-C2 controller is the primary controller for the drive.
The SAS 6Gb/s connection provides the SCSI command set and dual-port functionality.
WD Xe 10k Specifications
The Xe series also offers an SED option with the AES-256 encryption engine for Crypto erase functionality. The drive is rated for 600,000 load/unload cycles and has a non-recoverable read errors per bits read ranking of 10 in 10E17.
The Xe is also available in a WDxxxHKHG model. The 2.5-inch drive is mounted into a 3.5-inch adaptor that also acts as a large heat sink. This keeps the drive cool and allows for compatibility in legacy applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [WD Xe 10k Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [File Server and Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus