WD Xe 10k Internals
The Xe comes in the standard 15mm 2.5-inch form factor.
The dense foam pads help protect the PCB from vibration, and the white thermal pads allow the controller components to shed heat into the drive housing.
The upper left of the PCB holds two DRAM packages that total 32MB. A Winbond motor controller is placed on the right side of the PCB, and the secondary processor is near the bottom edge.
The Marvell i1248-C2 controller is the primary controller for the drive.
The SAS 6Gb/s connection provides the SCSI command set and dual-port functionality.
WD Xe 10k Specifications
The Xe series also offers an SED option with the AES-256 encryption engine for Crypto erase functionality. The drive is rated for 600,000 load/unload cycles and has a non-recoverable read errors per bits read ranking of 10 in 10E17.
The Xe is also available in a WDxxxHKHG model. The 2.5-inch drive is mounted into a 3.5-inch adaptor that also acts as a large heat sink. This keeps the drive cool and allows for compatibility in legacy applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [WD Xe 10k Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [File Server and Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon GO's new update has some huge fixes and improvements
- DriveClub VR is reportedly launching alongside PlayStation VR headset
- Samsung Gear VR is used by over 1 million users per month
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Boot from PCIe SSD GA-X58A-UD3R?
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio