Kingmax had one of the best modules a few years back in the SDRAM days. Kingmax PC150 was the absolute best module money could buy. Since then we haven't seen anything that stands out like it did. Kingmax have now started to focus some of their attention to the enthusiast community.
Both sets of memory modules performed very well except under 3D Mark where they had a few problems. Although at 500MHz, we didn't have any trouble running anything else and apart from the 3DMark series the system was 100% stable.
Kingmax has let us know that there pricing is very aggressive and they intend to compete in this market with full force right against the likes of Corsair and OCZ.
TinyBGA is a fantastic design - specifically the operating temperatures. In a SFF (Small Form Factor) situation this is excellent, we have experienced performance issues with many other memory modules when cramped in a small area - even memory modules with heat spreaders gave us hassles. Kingmax is able to run 100% stable in all SFF PCs without skipping a heartbeat.
Kingmax has released an overall very solid module that we think more and more people will notice in the coming weeks as both DDR-466 and DDR-500 versions hit shop stores around the world. We have absolutely no problem recommending these modules to anyone interested in hitting 1GHz or above Front Side Bus on the Pentium 4 platform.
Does what it claims
466 is a very nice overclocker
Perfect companion for SFF computers
Low Profile - Perfect for those super slim systems
Compatible with Athlon 64 and Dual Channel systems
2.8V needed to run at these speeds (Like most other high performance memory)
No color chips...yet
Combined Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 to cost little over $900
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller