Kingmax had one of the best modules a few years back in the SDRAM days. Kingmax PC150 was the absolute best module money could buy. Since then we haven't seen anything that stands out like it did. Kingmax have now started to focus some of their attention to the enthusiast community.
Both sets of memory modules performed very well except under 3D Mark where they had a few problems. Although at 500MHz, we didn't have any trouble running anything else and apart from the 3DMark series the system was 100% stable.
Kingmax has let us know that there pricing is very aggressive and they intend to compete in this market with full force right against the likes of Corsair and OCZ.
TinyBGA is a fantastic design - specifically the operating temperatures. In a SFF (Small Form Factor) situation this is excellent, we have experienced performance issues with many other memory modules when cramped in a small area - even memory modules with heat spreaders gave us hassles. Kingmax is able to run 100% stable in all SFF PCs without skipping a heartbeat.
Kingmax has released an overall very solid module that we think more and more people will notice in the coming weeks as both DDR-466 and DDR-500 versions hit shop stores around the world. We have absolutely no problem recommending these modules to anyone interested in hitting 1GHz or above Front Side Bus on the Pentium 4 platform.
Does what it claims
466 is a very nice overclocker
Perfect companion for SFF computers
Low Profile - Perfect for those super slim systems
Compatible with Athlon 64 and Dual Channel systems
2.8V needed to run at these speeds (Like most other high performance memory)
No color chips...yet
Combined Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes