Inside the ZEUS Espot Edition
Now that the ZEUS Esport Edition is opened up, we can see quite a bit going on inside of this mouse. The top half holds all of the gears and threaded rods that make the side panels move, along with a couple of PCBs to house the switches for all of the Z-buttons. Regarding the lower half, we will just mention the large LED at the back that illuminates the ZEUS logo for now.
Being unsure how to safely remove the gearing that is set up inside of the top half, we thought it best to just get the side view of the blue pad switches used here. They offer a slight audible click and require medium pressure for activation, and the Z5 or ZV button is sticky.
The left click button uses this black TTC switch. It has an audible click and seems to work with lighter force to activate. Under the Z1 or ZI button, we find a black pad switch that needs firm pressure to use and is also audible.
Controlling the activities and being in charge of mobile storage is this NXP LPC11U34F MCU. This is a 32-bit, full speed USB 2.0 capable chip that also offers 512MB of onboard storage.
Reading the surface that you move the mouse on is this Avago ADNS A9800 laser. It offers a 1ms polling rate and is able to be set as high as 8,200 DPI in 100 DPI segments.
Here we find the BIOS IC for this mouse made by MXIC. Funny thing is the 25L3006E not only looks funny as if it was written over, but we also find no reference to this IC. We do, however, find lots of information on the 25L3206E to which this chip is definitely related.
The scroll wheel uses a matching black pad switch to the one found under the Z1 button. We also find the same eleven million click black TTC switch used under the right click button.
Powering up the ZEUS Esport Edition, we find that the default color for the bottom two lights is set to red, but this can be changed via the Hera software.
We also found the front lights to be red, the profile selection indicator to be purple, and there is teal colored light poking out from around and through the design in the rubber of the scroll wheel.
Our last image of the ZEUS Esport Edition now shows the gold color of the ZEUS logo in the palm area, and there is even a bit of the red from the "tail lights" coming out around that metal plate near the back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications