Desktop Test System
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is an established method of measuring sequential throughput often used in marketing literature. Although it has very little value in measuring real-world performance, we can use it to verify the manufacturer's claims.
In ATTO, we fell short of Plextor's claims of 770 MB/s sequential read and 580 MB/s sequential write speeds. This doesn't come as a surprise to us and, after we explain why, it won't be a surprise to you.
PCI Express performance varies from one motherboard model to another. This isn't just an issue on consumer motherboards; we see the performance issues on workstations and servers, as well. Performance can also vary between lanes on the same motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Complaints to FCC over data caps rose nearly tenfold in 2015
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched