Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz (533MHz FSB) (Supplied by Spectrum Communications)
Memory: 2x Kingmax 512MB DDR500 (Supplied by Kingmax Australia)
Hard Disk: Seagate 7,200 RPM SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Motherboard: DFI 865PE LANPARTY (Supplied by DFI)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers: ATi Catalyst 4.10 and nVidia Forceware 53.03
For comparison sakes we've compared the retail version of nVidia's GeForce FX 5700 Ultra against ATI's reference version 9600 XT, both with 128MB of memory onboard, which carry similar retail price tags from their various partners at retailers around the world.
We've included two sets of results for the Chaintech card - default speed and recommended "3D" overclocking speed (546MHz DDR core and 1041MHz DDR memory) through Chaintech's included overclocking program, GOSU. Additionally we've included a separate set of overclocking results under 3DMark2001 SE (on the next page) that highlights the performance under the most extreme yet stable settings we could achieve.
It is very important to keep in mind that the reference sample we have here from ATI is an early reference sample running at the default speeds of 500MHz DDR core and 594MHz DDR and is also not optimized to the same extent as the GeForce FX 5700 Ultra from Chaintech. Some of the fastest 9600 XT cards on the market, from companies like GeCube, operate at 700MHz DDR memory. Please keep this in mind when viewing the results here on in!
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
In our first set of benchmarks for the day we can see the GeForce FX 5700 Ultra has around an 18% lead over the 9600 XT in the popular DX8.1 benchmark.
3DMark03 is the latest version of the highly favored 3DMark series. By combining full DirectX9.0 support with completely new tests and graphics, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being industry standard benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
In our first DX9 benchmark we see the lead the GeForce FX has over the XT decreased by almost 8% showing that ATI has improved their DX9 performance with only little difference between the two chips.
3DMark03 crashed repeatedly with the Chaintech recommended overclocked settings, as you can see by the 0 result in all the graphs. This was the only program we experience stability problems with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 2 [The Package]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 3 [The Card]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Overclocking and Aquamark 3]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Detail AA and AF]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis