Chaintech has gone and taken the GeForce FX 5700 Ultra GPU from nVidia and converted it into a work of art with some real love and care put into the mix from a group of talented Taiwanese engineers who obviously have a passion about the thing they do. The entire product from package contents to the beautiful looking graphics cards is brilliant and very well thought out.
On the performance side of things, the overall numbers are very respectable for a mainstream graphics card with around a 10% lead of the Radeon 9600 XT reference card from ATI. Taking ATI's side for a moment, you will find retail 9600 XT cards will reduce the performance gap to a level which could almost be considered unimportant.
On the price side of things the price on GeForce FX 5700 Ultra and Radeon 9600 XT retail cards from various manufacturers are about the same, as seen here and here on Deal Time from both nVidia and ATI.
Overall we've got a product on our hands from Chaintech which looks sensational, performs well for the price in all modern games, offers decent overclocking performance and comes with a package which should please anyone on the market for a mainstream graphics card and most importantly will not break the bank. We've got a true beauty on our hands here!
Good performance to price ratio
Looks absolutely sensational!
Good cooling and overclocking through GOSU
Fancy monitor cleaner
Size may cause problem in Small Form Factor systems
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Features Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 2 [The Package]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 3 [The Card]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and FutureMark]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Overclocking and Aquamark 3]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Detail AA and AF]
- Chaintech 5700 Ultra - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni