Netgear calls the XS708E the world's first SMB switch with 10 gigabit connectivity, but we think it's much more than that. Virtualization is on the rise in many market segments, and the low price mixed with the features offered make this product attractive for many markets.
At roughly $100 per port, the Netgear XS708E and larger XS712T break into the SMB market like a tornado. We haven't found any other switch with all 10GbE ports priced anywhere near this point.
For smaller businesses, the XS708E feature list is just enough to get the network set up without requiring a dedicated IT staff to fumble through the configuration. Sometimes it's easy to forget that having a large number of advanced features available can sometimes become a distraction for small businesses looking for more of a plug-and-play solution. The Netgear XS708E provides that experience but still offers enough additional features when required.
Since the XS708E is non-blocking, there isn't much to add on the performance side. Each port receives 100 percent of the bandwidth offered by 10GbE, so performance is less of a concern than setup, the feature set, and price.
It's difficult to get away from talking about the price because regardless of everything else, this switch is clearly the market leader at this time. Other companies have started to talk about low cost 10GbE SMB products, but Netgear has already delivered.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear ProSAFE XS708E for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Netgear ProSAFE XS708E retails for $835.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives