Netgear calls the XS708E the world's first SMB switch with 10 gigabit connectivity, but we think it's much more than that. Virtualization is on the rise in many market segments, and the low price mixed with the features offered make this product attractive for many markets.
At roughly $100 per port, the Netgear XS708E and larger XS712T break into the SMB market like a tornado. We haven't found any other switch with all 10GbE ports priced anywhere near this point.
For smaller businesses, the XS708E feature list is just enough to get the network set up without requiring a dedicated IT staff to fumble through the configuration. Sometimes it's easy to forget that having a large number of advanced features available can sometimes become a distraction for small businesses looking for more of a plug-and-play solution. The Netgear XS708E provides that experience but still offers enough additional features when required.
Since the XS708E is non-blocking, there isn't much to add on the performance side. Each port receives 100 percent of the bandwidth offered by 10GbE, so performance is less of a concern than setup, the feature set, and price.
It's difficult to get away from talking about the price because regardless of everything else, this switch is clearly the market leader at this time. Other companies have started to talk about low cost 10GbE SMB products, but Netgear has already delivered.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear ProSAFE XS708E for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Netgear ProSAFE XS708E retails for $835.00 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup