As virtualization trickles down to small businesses, the same network infrastructures that make virtualization successful in the enterprise are needed on a smaller scale. The other key part to virtualization success is, of course, price.
Virtualization is really a stab at reducing total IT costs by moving several servers into a single box. This reduces both the component costs and the long-term costs from running the servers, with power weighing heavily on the scale.
When Intel released Romley with up to eight DRAM slots and eight cores per CPU, virtualization moved to a new level. Not only were lower bin Xeons cheap, but they also had the processing power to run several virtual machines. This eventually led to a new bottleneck forming.
While the virtual machine count increased, more machines were trying to communicate outside the node via the same gigabit Ethernet port that's been a standard for several years. Then, the systems soon required additional storage. This led to further constraints on the network as external NAS and SAN products supplied the additional storage density.
We're now at a tipping point for small businesses. 10GbE is now in a familiar form, RJ45, and the price is within budget for even small remote offices. The Netgear XS708E is the product that brought 10GbE to this point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99