As virtualization trickles down to small businesses, the same network infrastructures that make virtualization successful in the enterprise are needed on a smaller scale. The other key part to virtualization success is, of course, price.
Virtualization is really a stab at reducing total IT costs by moving several servers into a single box. This reduces both the component costs and the long-term costs from running the servers, with power weighing heavily on the scale.
When Intel released Romley with up to eight DRAM slots and eight cores per CPU, virtualization moved to a new level. Not only were lower bin Xeons cheap, but they also had the processing power to run several virtual machines. This eventually led to a new bottleneck forming.
While the virtual machine count increased, more machines were trying to communicate outside the node via the same gigabit Ethernet port that's been a standard for several years. Then, the systems soon required additional storage. This led to further constraints on the network as external NAS and SAN products supplied the additional storage density.
We're now at a tipping point for small businesses. 10GbE is now in a familiar form, RJ45, and the price is within budget for even small remote offices. The Netgear XS708E is the product that brought 10GbE to this point.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now