Unmanaged switches are a great option for expanding home networks or even for those that run a home office. Small businesses can also find value in the ease of use and plug-and-play capabilities of unmanaged switches.
The Rosewill RGS-1016 has a lot going for it. The build quality of the unit was solid with steel construction and rack mounting capabilities. For those that don't have a rack, there is the option for desktop placement, as well. Performance of the RGS-1016 was quite good; the unit scaled throughout our throughput testing and the workload testing showed the unit was able to keep up with much larger switches.
Overall, as an unmanaged solution, the Rosewill is a great option if you are in the market for a switch between 8 and 16 ports. The non-blocking switch fabric allows excellent connection rates, and the slim footprint of the device makes it a great desktop option as well.
MSRP of the Rosewill RGS-1016 is set at $109.99 with a three-year 1 to 1 replacement warranty. Current market pricing of the 16-port gigabit switch from Rosewill can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill RGS-1016 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Rosewill RGS-1016 retails for $79.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Massive SSD's could be on the horizon with Micron's new 3D NAND tech
- Scientists begin tinkering on 'deleting' your unwanted memories
- AMD's Polaris GPU should arrive as 232mm2 sized die
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives