Noise Level Results
With 7.5V applied to the pair of fans, we saw via software that they were averaging around 1750 RPM. While we discuss RPMs, for all testing, the pump was allowed to run at full speed and that registers 1785 RPM in the same AIDA64 software.
The pump registers at 31dB, but even at this low voltage, the fans overcame the pump noise as they leveled out to 33dB for our charts. Not too shabby, and nothing really to deal with if in a chassis, but what happens when we let them spool up?
With any cooler, we know one thing, with great thermal results, nine times out of ten, there is also a large amount of audible noise to deal with, and the H105 exaggerates this point. While the chart showed these fans should have spun at near 2700 RPM, ours were only spinning at 2500 RPM, but that is still within the plus or minus 10 percent that these ratings are followed by.
Even slightly slower, we heard a droning hum coming from the cooler as our meter peeked at 68dB. Even louder than the stock cooler, but still close to both solutions that beat it in the thermal charts, so no real shocker here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA invests in Chinese self-driving truck startup
- Alphacool unveil AMD Radeon RX Vega cooling solutions
- Intel: 8700K is 11% faster than 7700K
- ARK Survival Evolved dedicated servers go live on PS4
- Shenmue III secures publishing deal with Deep Silver
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes