Noise Level Results
With 7.5V applied to the pair of fans, we saw via software that they were averaging around 1750 RPM. While we discuss RPMs, for all testing, the pump was allowed to run at full speed and that registers 1785 RPM in the same AIDA64 software.
The pump registers at 31dB, but even at this low voltage, the fans overcame the pump noise as they leveled out to 33dB for our charts. Not too shabby, and nothing really to deal with if in a chassis, but what happens when we let them spool up?
With any cooler, we know one thing, with great thermal results, nine times out of ten, there is also a large amount of audible noise to deal with, and the H105 exaggerates this point. While the chart showed these fans should have spun at near 2700 RPM, ours were only spinning at 2500 RPM, but that is still within the plus or minus 10 percent that these ratings are followed by.
Even slightly slower, we heard a droning hum coming from the cooler as our meter peeked at 68dB. Even louder than the stock cooler, but still close to both solutions that beat it in the thermal charts, so no real shocker here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog