Noise Level Results
With 7.5V applied to the pair of fans, we saw via software that they were averaging around 1750 RPM. While we discuss RPMs, for all testing, the pump was allowed to run at full speed and that registers 1785 RPM in the same AIDA64 software.
The pump registers at 31dB, but even at this low voltage, the fans overcame the pump noise as they leveled out to 33dB for our charts. Not too shabby, and nothing really to deal with if in a chassis, but what happens when we let them spool up?
With any cooler, we know one thing, with great thermal results, nine times out of ten, there is also a large amount of audible noise to deal with, and the H105 exaggerates this point. While the chart showed these fans should have spun at near 2700 RPM, ours were only spinning at 2500 RPM, but that is still within the plus or minus 10 percent that these ratings are followed by.
Even slightly slower, we heard a droning hum coming from the cooler as our meter peeked at 68dB. Even louder than the stock cooler, but still close to both solutions that beat it in the thermal charts, so no real shocker here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015