Noise Level Results
With 7.5V applied to the pair of fans, we saw via software that they were averaging around 1750 RPM. While we discuss RPMs, for all testing, the pump was allowed to run at full speed and that registers 1785 RPM in the same AIDA64 software.
The pump registers at 31dB, but even at this low voltage, the fans overcame the pump noise as they leveled out to 33dB for our charts. Not too shabby, and nothing really to deal with if in a chassis, but what happens when we let them spool up?
With any cooler, we know one thing, with great thermal results, nine times out of ten, there is also a large amount of audible noise to deal with, and the H105 exaggerates this point. While the chart showed these fans should have spun at near 2700 RPM, ours were only spinning at 2500 RPM, but that is still within the plus or minus 10 percent that these ratings are followed by.
Even slightly slower, we heard a droning hum coming from the cooler as our meter peeked at 68dB. Even louder than the stock cooler, but still close to both solutions that beat it in the thermal charts, so no real shocker here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99