Installation and Finished Product
There are two ways the back plate will go around the socket bracket, and we can also see two locations for the nuts that go through the motherboard to fit various Intel sockets. They also no longer include the foam tape we used to get to help hold these plates in place when we flipped the board over.
Also, just like with the H75, we find the nuts that run through the motherboard to be much too tall. Once the standoffs are in place and the cooler is mounted, you can run out of threads just by going finger tight; there is a real lack of mounting pressure with these designs.
We now have the correct set of standoffs mounted to the back plate, but combined they and the back plate are lose and move around easily. All we need to do now is add some TIM and get that head unit and radiator mounted.
At this point, we now have the H105 fully installed, and we, of course, swapped out the ring on the head unit for the bright red one to match our test system's memory and chassis, and it looks quite good.
While a bit tough to tell with how bright the lights are for imaging, and aside from the slight hum of the head unit, with one glance into the chassis, the white LEDs behind the name and logo will show you it has power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now