Inside the MX-Board 3.0
Looking at the side shots of the keyboard, we could see the top was much thinner than the bottom section of the frame. Here we see both, and the top has an insert under the Cherry naming to allow it to be illuminated. We can also see the lower section has supports to make this design more rigid.
Looking at the PCB, this has to be the cleanest finished product we have seen. There is not one bit of flux residue, or even any other sort of markings, just very clean and professionally done workmanship is found here.
Controlling what the MX-Board 3.0 can do is this Holtek HT82K95E IC soldered to the PCB. This is an 8-bit MCU and offers lower speed USB 2.0 transmission than some of the others, but since there aren't a ton of extra doo-dads on this keyboard, this is plenty to control what Cherry is offering.
This really isn't so much an image of the connection as it is an image to show the pair of LEDs that will illuminate the Cherry name and logo in white above all the keys. There are also five green LEDs that are under the Windows, the Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and the Numbers Lock keys to denote if they are engaged or not.
Unless it is really dark in the room, the illumination of the logo is not that obvious. However, the bright green used under the Lock and Windows keys is easy to see no matter the lighting conditions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 5 [MX-Board 3.0 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the MX-Board 3.0]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis