Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard
Fresh out of the box, we see that the laser etching on the key caps is bright and easy to see; in fact, it is nearly as bright as the white paint used for the logo at the top and the keyboard name at the bottom. Note: this is their 108-key US layout backed with Cherry MX red switches.
To give an idea of what we are dealing with, the front edge measures 18mm in height to the top of the frame and 20mm to the top of the key caps there. At the back, including the red feet and the key caps, the MX-Board 3.0 sits at 28mm in height.
The left side of the board offers a standard 74-key layout with a font on the caps that is easy to read. There are no special profile or macro keys, but that doesn't mean it cannot work for gaming.
Typically, here we would see 30 keys and a logo in the right corner, but with the MX-Board 3.0, the name is in the center, and they have added buttons for volume control as well as an Internet home page button that doubles as a Windows button lockout.
Each of the key caps is single shot in black textured plastic and is then laser etched so the legends will never wear off. Not only are the caps cylindrical in shape, it is easy to see that these are much shorter in height than any others we have reviewed before.
If the legs under the keyboard are extended, it then increases the angle of attack, but on the technical side, the keyboard now stands 38mm from table to the top of the frame.
As we can easily see, all of the caps are backed with Cherry MX red switches. We also noticed that the tension bars that keep the larger keys even in travel, no matter where the key is pressed, are built into the frame and makes the caps much easier to remove for cleaning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 5 [MX-Board 3.0 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the MX-Board 3.0]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance