Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
Following the chart that has been provided from Cherry about the MX-Board 3.0, we can see the information is a bit limited. We are given the dimensions and weight; this keyboard is 446mm from side to side, 158 mm from front to back, and stands only 28mm high at the back edge. The weight is also much lighter than most other products we have seen, for this weighs in at a mere 830 grams. With it being slightly more compact and lighter, it makes it easy to move around and is even "palm-able" with one hand.
The keyboard is entirely black aside from any LED lighting or the white laser etched iconography. This board ships with Cherry MX red switches that offer fifty million clicks per switch, and all of the support bars for the larger keys are built into the switch and are not something the user has to deal with when removing the caps.
What they don't say in the chart is that the front edge is angled and slimmer than most others, making it very comfortable for attack while sitting on the desk, even without a wrist rest. They also do not include the fact that each and every key cap has been thinned down to only 3mm in height, which is compared to the typical 5mm height.
Since the switch only needs 2mm of travel for activation, functionality is not affected, and lowering everything just adds to the comfort level when using the MX-Board 3.0. We also get 1.8 meters of rubber cable that connects to the keyboard via a Mini B 5-pin connection. This is so that the cord can be easily detached from the keyboard for cleaning or transportation, making life a bit simpler for the user.
Looking around the inter-webs for a price reference, we see that Cherry is also retailing these keyboards at a very friendly price point. We are seeing listings under $100 US dollars, and while there are cheaper offerings out there, nothing we have seen can compare to what Cherry brought forth in the MX-Board 3.0.
Now that we have the basic idea of what we are getting with this keyboard and know that it is affordable to the masses who desire something a little less obtrusive than most other mechanical keyboards, we think Cherry has not only delivered a peripheral that is easy to use, but one that fills a hole in the market that we have not seen anyone else attempt thus far.
PRICING: You can find the Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $97.00 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 5 [MX-Board 3.0 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the MX-Board 3.0]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform