Specifications, Availability, and Pricing
Following the chart that has been provided from Cherry about the MX-Board 3.0, we can see the information is a bit limited. We are given the dimensions and weight; this keyboard is 446mm from side to side, 158 mm from front to back, and stands only 28mm high at the back edge. The weight is also much lighter than most other products we have seen, for this weighs in at a mere 830 grams. With it being slightly more compact and lighter, it makes it easy to move around and is even "palm-able" with one hand.
The keyboard is entirely black aside from any LED lighting or the white laser etched iconography. This board ships with Cherry MX red switches that offer fifty million clicks per switch, and all of the support bars for the larger keys are built into the switch and are not something the user has to deal with when removing the caps.
What they don't say in the chart is that the front edge is angled and slimmer than most others, making it very comfortable for attack while sitting on the desk, even without a wrist rest. They also do not include the fact that each and every key cap has been thinned down to only 3mm in height, which is compared to the typical 5mm height.
Since the switch only needs 2mm of travel for activation, functionality is not affected, and lowering everything just adds to the comfort level when using the MX-Board 3.0. We also get 1.8 meters of rubber cable that connects to the keyboard via a Mini B 5-pin connection. This is so that the cord can be easily detached from the keyboard for cleaning or transportation, making life a bit simpler for the user.
Looking around the inter-webs for a price reference, we see that Cherry is also retailing these keyboards at a very friendly price point. We are seeing listings under $100 US dollars, and while there are cheaper offerings out there, nothing we have seen can compare to what Cherry brought forth in the MX-Board 3.0.
Now that we have the basic idea of what we are getting with this keyboard and know that it is affordable to the masses who desire something a little less obtrusive than most other mechanical keyboards, we think Cherry has not only delivered a peripheral that is easy to use, but one that fills a hole in the market that we have not seen anyone else attempt thus far.
PRICING: You can find the Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $97.00 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 5 [MX-Board 3.0 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the MX-Board 3.0]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- AMD breaking world records with Ryzen 7 1800X already
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood