We had a lot of fun with this board in the lab while doing this review. It comes so loaded with features that you can do just about anything with it. Make a decked out workstation? No problem. Use it as a high-end gaming system? No problem.
One of the things that we wanted to touch about this board was the fact that you can overclock with it. The number of dual-socket systems that can overclock is very small; there are perhaps three that we can think of off the top of our heads.
We did test this in the lab and were able reach a BCLK of 105, which is not bad for these boards. However, with that comes several side effects.
One of the big issues is power draw. When we tested this under full load, our power use jumped to a massive 625 watts. With that kind of power, heat becomes a real issue and we did see temperatures rise quite a bit. With that in mind, we decided not to run our benchmarks with an overclock.
We did find that the Z9PE-D8 WS is not only fully loaded with features but also performs extremely well. There was only one benchmark that it did not take the number one spot.
Let us take one final look at the Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard before we finish this review.
The Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard showed to be the top performer in our tests. ASUS has done a wonderful job designing this motherboard.
About the only complaint we could find is how the memory slots are located. It is not always possible to position these so they can get the maximum airflow for better cooling, so keep that in mind when setting up a system using this motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Motherboard retails for $534.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform