We had a lot of fun with this board in the lab while doing this review. It comes so loaded with features that you can do just about anything with it. Make a decked out workstation? No problem. Use it as a high-end gaming system? No problem.
One of the things that we wanted to touch about this board was the fact that you can overclock with it. The number of dual-socket systems that can overclock is very small; there are perhaps three that we can think of off the top of our heads.
We did test this in the lab and were able reach a BCLK of 105, which is not bad for these boards. However, with that comes several side effects.
One of the big issues is power draw. When we tested this under full load, our power use jumped to a massive 625 watts. With that kind of power, heat becomes a real issue and we did see temperatures rise quite a bit. With that in mind, we decided not to run our benchmarks with an overclock.
We did find that the Z9PE-D8 WS is not only fully loaded with features but also performs extremely well. There was only one benchmark that it did not take the number one spot.
Let us take one final look at the Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard before we finish this review.
The Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard showed to be the top performer in our tests. ASUS has done a wonderful job designing this motherboard.
About the only complaint we could find is how the memory slots are located. It is not always possible to position these so they can get the maximum airflow for better cooling, so keep that in mind when setting up a system using this motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Motherboard retails for $534.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Law student caught trying to hack and change his marks for the better
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader