We had a lot of fun with this board in the lab while doing this review. It comes so loaded with features that you can do just about anything with it. Make a decked out workstation? No problem. Use it as a high-end gaming system? No problem.
One of the things that we wanted to touch about this board was the fact that you can overclock with it. The number of dual-socket systems that can overclock is very small; there are perhaps three that we can think of off the top of our heads.
We did test this in the lab and were able reach a BCLK of 105, which is not bad for these boards. However, with that comes several side effects.
One of the big issues is power draw. When we tested this under full load, our power use jumped to a massive 625 watts. With that kind of power, heat becomes a real issue and we did see temperatures rise quite a bit. With that in mind, we decided not to run our benchmarks with an overclock.
We did find that the Z9PE-D8 WS is not only fully loaded with features but also performs extremely well. There was only one benchmark that it did not take the number one spot.
Let us take one final look at the Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard before we finish this review.
The Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard showed to be the top performer in our tests. ASUS has done a wonderful job designing this motherboard.
About the only complaint we could find is how the memory slots are located. It is not always possible to position these so they can get the maximum airflow for better cooling, so keep that in mind when setting up a system using this motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Motherboard retails for $534.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20