Assembly and Finished Product Continued
After applying some thermal paste, we took the rubber backed metal plate and placed it over the top of the core. It then showed us to put on two nylon washers for each stud, and then simply hand tighten the thumbscrews, tightening them in an X-pattern until they no longer turn.
Once the cooler and the video card are securely mounted to each other, the Dracula offers a fair bit of room above most of the heat sinks and stays a fair distance away from the expansion slot, even on this longer card.
At this end of the HD7950, not only can we see that this cooler is a touch wider than the card, we also have much better access to the power plugs than the stock cooler ever offered.
We now also have the large chunk of aluminum screwed to the fan mounting bar. To that bar, we have mounted two 1350 RPM fans that are inside of the specifications and should give us a good look at what this cooler is capable of with fans that are almost inaudible. We also have the fan bracket installed at the bottom of the two fans, and since the fans only mount on one edge, this plate makes it one solidified fan rather than two flopping about.
There is a normal expansion slot bracket that allows for the usual screw mounting that mounts directly to the fan system. Once that is installed, the second steel plate screws on from outside the expansion slots, sandwiching the case material for added structural support.
We now have the card mounted with the Dracula fully installed and awaiting testing. Some things to consider here are the serious amount of droop that the cooler puts on the card and that the fan mounting bracket also leans pretty badly. Also, with this taking up five slots, SLI or CrossFire is out of the realm of reality. If this cooler were hanging in a chassis with a ninety degree rotated motherboard tray, it would look much, much better. For normal installations, we advise some form of a support to take that stress off the slot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives