Packaging and Accessories
Here, we get our first look Mach Xtreme's MX SATA DOM. This is officially the first DOM we've ever reviewed on TweakTown. As we mentioned in the introduction, it's not like we haven't tried. The Mach Xtreme DOM is actually fast enough to live through our benchmarks.
Mach Xtreme also makes a horizontal form factor, but all three of the samples we have on hand are vertical. The vertical drives will not fit in a 1u form factor case if the SATA connectors are also vertical.
The drives plug right into a SATA plug on the motherboard.
SATA does not provide power, so you need to power the SATA DOM with either a 4-pin Molex connector, 3-pin fan header, or a special DOM power header on the motherboard. Mach Xtreme only includes a 4-pin Molex power connector in the package.
The power cables are very cheap, and the connector is standard, so they are easy to find on Amazon.
Our Supermicro 1u system (my future Pfsense router) has a SATA DOM power connector onboard, right next to the SATA connector.
Sometimes you want to write data to your SATA DOM, and other times you don't. Flipping the switch on the top of the drive enables write protect mode.
Inside the retail package we found a tested paper, the SATA DOM, and a power adapter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance