Intel 730 Series SSD
Here we get our first look at the new 730 Series with its full enterprise to consumer symbolism. Personally, I like the look. Now, if we could get some David Hunt edition, unlocked 12-core Xeons to go with an array of 730 drives.
Intel lists the serial, model and part numbers on the back of the drive.
Although not recommended for notebook use, the 7mm z-height form factor means the 730 Series will fit in height restricted Ultrabooks.
Inside we found 16 NAND flash packages, two DRAM packages and an Intel controller. At the top of this image, you can also see the two host power loss protection capacitors.
This product has several surface mount components on both sides of the PCB.
We haven't seen an Intel controller for the consumer market for a few years. Intel first chose Marvell for the 510 Series and later SandForce for 520 and 530 at the flagship level. The 530 Series may be the shortest run Intel SSD to date, it seems like I just finished the review a few weeks ago. The performance was less than the 520 it replaced, SF-2200 works with 20nm flash but not as well as it does with 25nm flash.
25nm flash is long gone. Intel started using 20nm NAND flash early 2013.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Intel 730 Series SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni