Intel 730 Series SSD
Here we get our first look at the new 730 Series with its full enterprise to consumer symbolism. Personally, I like the look. Now, if we could get some David Hunt edition, unlocked 12-core Xeons to go with an array of 730 drives.
Intel lists the serial, model and part numbers on the back of the drive.
Although not recommended for notebook use, the 7mm z-height form factor means the 730 Series will fit in height restricted Ultrabooks.
Inside we found 16 NAND flash packages, two DRAM packages and an Intel controller. At the top of this image, you can also see the two host power loss protection capacitors.
This product has several surface mount components on both sides of the PCB.
We haven't seen an Intel controller for the consumer market for a few years. Intel first chose Marvell for the 510 Series and later SandForce for 520 and 530 at the flagship level. The 530 Series may be the shortest run Intel SSD to date, it seems like I just finished the review a few weeks ago. The performance was less than the 520 it replaced, SF-2200 works with 20nm flash but not as well as it does with 25nm flash.
25nm flash is long gone. Intel started using 20nm NAND flash early 2013.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Intel 730 Series SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Huawei and Leica establish new R&D center for VR and AR
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now