The Netis Systems WF2710 is a bit of an odd product. While the unit supports wireless AC technology, the entire system is limited because of the Ethernet ports. On one hand, we have a positive because of the 802.11ac connectivity, but all of that is taken away after you realize the bottleneck of the 10/100M LAN ports.
I would like to point out that 802.11ac was designed to increase throughput and lower latency in wireless technology using a third band, 80MHz. Thus, what we have with the Netis Systems is relatively unusual, especially in a market where competing products in every segment are now offering full gigabit connectivity.
All of this is a bit disappointing to me, as the unit has great build quality and great range for a home environment, but a massive trade-off in the case of performance in your home network throughput.
For those wanting a low-cost solution for web browsing, downloading apps, or a base station for your mobile devices, the Netis Systems WF2710 is a great option; anything outside of that though, it is not recommended.
The Netis Systems WF2710 carries the excellent MSRP, which is set at $29.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Netis WF2710 Wireless Router]
- Page 3 [Management GUI]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - File Transfer Test]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to partner with Dr. Dre for TV drama
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Apple rumored to release iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 18
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- NVIDIA is testing four different Pascal GPUs right now
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives