The Netis Systems WF2710 is a bit of an odd product. While the unit supports wireless AC technology, the entire system is limited because of the Ethernet ports. On one hand, we have a positive because of the 802.11ac connectivity, but all of that is taken away after you realize the bottleneck of the 10/100M LAN ports.
I would like to point out that 802.11ac was designed to increase throughput and lower latency in wireless technology using a third band, 80MHz. Thus, what we have with the Netis Systems is relatively unusual, especially in a market where competing products in every segment are now offering full gigabit connectivity.
All of this is a bit disappointing to me, as the unit has great build quality and great range for a home environment, but a massive trade-off in the case of performance in your home network throughput.
For those wanting a low-cost solution for web browsing, downloading apps, or a base station for your mobile devices, the Netis Systems WF2710 is a great option; anything outside of that though, it is not recommended.
The Netis Systems WF2710 carries the excellent MSRP, which is set at $29.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Netis WF2710 Wireless Router]
- Page 3 [Management GUI]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - File Transfer Test]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio