Setting up the unit is quick and easy. One of the most redeeming qualities of the unit is the heavy-duty design, which can tolerate up to 2210 pounds of equipment. The casters are free spinning and appropriately robust to handle heavy loads. The mobility of the unit is particularly convenient, especially if the unit is near a rear wall. The easy movement allows quick access to the wiring at the rear of the unit. The casters also feature a lockable design, which can be foot-activated, to prevent movement.
The unit also features levelers to the rear and stabilizers on the front. These provide additional footing if required. The stabilizer feet fold out from the front of the unit to support the unit when pulling out heavy drawers. It is always good practice to install the heaviest racks to the bottom of the case, but stabilizers allow for varied setups without the fear of the unit tipping when sliding racks out.
The stabilizers can support the unit, in conjunction with the levers to the rear, when mobility is not required. Simply turning the nut on the stabilizer foot raises the unit until the wheels are slightly off the floor. The plastic coating on the bottom of the feet protect flooring, such as our wood base here. With heavyweight deployments, it is wise to use weight-distribution pads on floors without a high loading rating.
Airflow and Filters
The rear of the unit reveals two removable cable management arms to the left. These arms can move to facilitate longer rack lengths. The silver tab on the middle right allows the rear door to latch shut. This tab is mountable on the left side if the user reverses the door. The levelers are at the bottom. The filter comes off with four screws and can be periodically cleaned with soap and water.
The 4-post design features square mounting holes. The number one reason for server and rack incompatibility stems from the use of round hole types. Square holes are more flexible from an installation standpoint. Very few rails are compatible with both round and square holes. With square holes, users can always install the included cage nuts to provide compatibility with either system. The rack supports both sliding and fixed shelves.
The L-type posts are easily moved farther back to provide wide compatibility with different rails and shelves. Hole types, rack mounting depth, and obstructions between the front and rear rails are a common source of frustration for users. The StarTech 2636 avoids these major shortfalls with a solid design that supports wide compatibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus teases the OnePlus 5 color options
- ISS crew on an urgent spacewalk after equipment failure
- Far Cry 5 may have exclusive content on PS4
- Meizu launches new mid-range smartphone - the M5c
- Carl Pei hints that OnePlus 5 might keep headphone jack
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning