SilverStone Fortress SST-FT04-W Full-Tower Chassis
The front of the FT04 offers a thick extruded aluminium panel that runs from top to bottom. Outside of the texture applied to it, it is concave in the center with two body lines at either side. The only other thing to see on the front is the large snowflake logo applied near the top.
Magnets hold the aluminum to the steel, and behind it we find a pair of removable bay covers, two fan control dials that are chromed, and a large dust fitter covering the pair of white AP180 fans installed to drive air through the chassis.
The top of the chassis is also aluminum, and carries the lines and curves the front panel has. There are power and activity LEDs at the left, and to the right is the PSU dust filter.
The right side of the chassis offers venting at the left, with part of the front I/O at the top with 3.5mm jacks and a pair of USB 3.0 ports. The rest of the side is painted black steel, and has a large widow cut into it, to view the system when you are finished with the build process.
It may seem like this is upside down, but with the reverse ATX layout, that is exactly what you get. The PSU at the top and the expansion slots above the exhaust. Another thing to note, is that at the top of the chassis there is a pair if thumbscrews to remove the top.
The left side of the chassis offers a flat expanse of the steel panel from left to right, that is until we run into more of that venting that allows that pair of AP180 fans to get all the air they need, and redirect some of the noise away from the user.
As we move in much closer to the top right corner of the same side of the chassis, we find the power and reset button sitting at the top, almost unnoticeable.
Under the chassis there is a bar at the front that supports the chassis really well, and has rubber pads applied to it for grip. There are various holes in the floor for drives, as well as ones holding screws currently, to allow removal of most of the interior. The back then offers a pair of chunky feet to support things there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now