SilverStone Fortress SST-FT04-W Full-Tower Chassis
The front of the FT04 offers a thick extruded aluminium panel that runs from top to bottom. Outside of the texture applied to it, it is concave in the center with two body lines at either side. The only other thing to see on the front is the large snowflake logo applied near the top.
Magnets hold the aluminum to the steel, and behind it we find a pair of removable bay covers, two fan control dials that are chromed, and a large dust fitter covering the pair of white AP180 fans installed to drive air through the chassis.
The top of the chassis is also aluminum, and carries the lines and curves the front panel has. There are power and activity LEDs at the left, and to the right is the PSU dust filter.
The right side of the chassis offers venting at the left, with part of the front I/O at the top with 3.5mm jacks and a pair of USB 3.0 ports. The rest of the side is painted black steel, and has a large widow cut into it, to view the system when you are finished with the build process.
It may seem like this is upside down, but with the reverse ATX layout, that is exactly what you get. The PSU at the top and the expansion slots above the exhaust. Another thing to note, is that at the top of the chassis there is a pair if thumbscrews to remove the top.
The left side of the chassis offers a flat expanse of the steel panel from left to right, that is until we run into more of that venting that allows that pair of AP180 fans to get all the air they need, and redirect some of the noise away from the user.
As we move in much closer to the top right corner of the same side of the chassis, we find the power and reset button sitting at the top, almost unnoticeable.
Under the chassis there is a bar at the front that supports the chassis really well, and has rubber pads applied to it for grip. There are various holes in the floor for drives, as well as ones holding screws currently, to allow removal of most of the interior. The back then offers a pair of chunky feet to support things there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015