Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SST-FT04B-W we received (or in other words, the black Fortress FT04 with a side window) uses a mix of aluminum, steel, and plastic components to construct this chassis. The full-tower chassis offers an all aluminum front door that has been extruded and bent to wrap to the top and bottom of the chassis in one smooth curve. The top of the chassis also offers an aluminum cover that carries the same texture and body lines that the front has. It also offers a removable dust filter for the PSU in the top due to its reverse ATX layout.
The right side of the chassis is where we get the large window to see the system, while the back offers the PSU above the eight expansion slots, with the rear I/O and exhaust location at the bottom. The left side of the chassis is a flat expanse of painted steel, as it covers the wiring that is run behind the removable motherboard tray.
Inside of the chassis, you can house anything from Micro-ATX motherboards up to SSI-EEB motherboards. Behind that front door of aluminum, there are two 5.25" bays above a pair of AP180mm fans that can be swapped out for a trio of 120mm fans. Next to the fans there is a duct at the top to direct airflow at the video cards, while at the bottom there is a hot swap bay for 3.5" drives, and a rack on top that will hold five 3.5" drives as well.
Moving a bit more to the right on the floor offers you another hot swap bay, and in both hot swap bays, they offer the ability to have an SSD mounted in with screws through the floor of the chassis. On top of that second hot swap bay, we also find an adjustable CPU cooler support to help take the load off of the socket with some of those monstrous choices out there for air cooling your CPU.
As with many things that SilverStone releases, when they believe they have something good, it is going to cost you a fair bit more than most other offerings out there. However, with processes like extruding aluminum, and bending it to match the contours of the chassis, the cost involved in the R&D of the chassis, along with the additional bits of kit that we find inside of this Fortress, we do see where a lot of the pricing is based.
While it is a tad pricey, you won't find another chassis quite like this. Finding one is relatively easy too, as everywhere we looked; stock was ready for a sale. With the current pricing listed below, and the fact we know they are easy to find: It is time now to dive in and see just what we do get for our money.
PRICING: You can find the SilverStone Fortress FT04 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20