Benchmarks - AJA System Test
All testing with AJA System Test is done with a 16GB file size over 800 frames.
In our first testing with AJA, we look at 720p read where we compare all volumes across 800 frames. Here we see our SSD RAID 0 topping the chart, with the HDD RAID 0 right behind it. RAID 1 and single disk shared similar performance, with more variability in the array.
Here we have 720p write; again the SSD RAID runs across the top of the chart with the very quick HDD RAID 0 right behind. The single disk and RAID 1 array performances were neck and neck throughout the entire process.
Moving over to 1080p, we see the SSD array coming around 850 MB/s, with the RAID 0 HDD array at 600 MB/s. RAID 1 and the single disk again shared similar performance, around 200 MB/s.
Write testing for 1080p had the SSD array slightly slower at 800 MB/s, while all HDD arrays and drives performed the same as we saw in read.
4K read was able to stretch things out quite a bit, and stress the drives a little more. Hence we see less movement in the data throughput in each mode. The SSD, as it should, runs across the top of the chart at 900 MB/s, while the HDD array runs around 600 MB/s.
4K write had a similar effect, though throughput was similar to the read results above. The SSD array sits just below 900 MB/s, with our RAID 0 HDDs doing near 600 MB/s. The single disk and RAID 1 were back at it again, hovering around 200 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- ZOTAC has your back with GTX 1070-powered VR GO backpack
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards