Basic remote management is by IPMI 2.0 over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support.
First, make sure you have IPMI enabled in the BIOS and have a wired connection to the IPMI port at the rear of the motherboard.
In order to connect to the IPMI port, first find the IP Address on the machine you want to connect. Then enter that address into your web browser on the control machine. You will see the login screen if all goes well.
Then hit the login button.
This is the main dashboard for the Supermicro X9DR7-TF+.
Clicking on the picture of the desktop that is using Windows 7 will launch your remote control session to the desktop. It's even possible to make changes to the BIOS.
You will need Java installed for remote control to work and you might have to reduce security controls for Java in order to be able to do this. We had to drop security controls down to medium for this to work.
This is the Server Health Tab. You can monitor things like temperatures, power consumption, and storage.
The remote control tab allows you to power on or off the server or launch SOL and redirect the console.
Here we can see the Virtual Media tab. You can use this tab to mount different types of media.
The maintenance tab allows you to update firmware or BIOS, restore the machine to factory defaults, and configure IPMI.
The last page is the miscellaneous tab and allows you to see the postcodes or change settings on the UID.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Law student caught trying to hack and change his marks for the better
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader