Basic remote management is by IPMI 2.0 over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support.
First, make sure you have IPMI enabled in the BIOS and have a wired connection to the IPMI port at the rear of the motherboard.
In order to connect to the IPMI port, first find the IP Address on the machine you want to connect. Then enter that address into your web browser on the control machine. You will see the login screen if all goes well.
Then hit the login button.
This is the main dashboard for the Supermicro X9DR7-TF+.
Clicking on the picture of the desktop that is using Windows 7 will launch your remote control session to the desktop. It's even possible to make changes to the BIOS.
You will need Java installed for remote control to work and you might have to reduce security controls for Java in order to be able to do this. We had to drop security controls down to medium for this to work.
This is the Server Health Tab. You can monitor things like temperatures, power consumption, and storage.
The remote control tab allows you to power on or off the server or launch SOL and redirect the console.
Here we can see the Virtual Media tab. You can use this tab to mount different types of media.
The maintenance tab allows you to update firmware or BIOS, restore the machine to factory defaults, and configure IPMI.
The last page is the miscellaneous tab and allows you to see the postcodes or change settings on the UID.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications