When it comes to water cooling components inside of your chassis, there are really only three angles of attack. First, and easiest, is of course to buy one of the many AIO solutions on the market, but there are only two units sold as AIOs that allow for any additional components to be added without voiding the warranty of said product. The second angle of attack is to buy all of the parts you need, and configure the loop yourself. With this method, you will need to invest time in finding compatible parts and components. You will also need to spend time thinking of everything you want to do; even down to the right clamps, the screws needed to mount fans, the screws to secure the radiator, even sometimes the method for mounting the pump.
You will also need to ask yourself whether you will go with a bay reservoir, a tube, or some sort of pump and reservoir combo unit. Many companies across the board now offer a third way to get into custom water cooling for your PC and its various components, and here is where Larkooler steps in.
Larkooler, like many other companies we have had the pleasure of working with, takes all of the guess work out of the whole ordeal, and will offer a kit full of everything one needs to get at least the CPU under a loop. Most companies offer forms of upgraded kits, where you can add other blocks as well; of course with a slight increase in the cost. Here, all of the thinking is done for you.
The company puts all of the components together, so you don't have to worry about the right diameter or thread of the fittings, whether or not the tubing fits with the fittings you picked, or whether or not you have the clamps, screws, or added accessories like a 24-pin jumper to help bleed the loop. When you are able to purchase a full kit in one box, the companies do all of the work for you, and make sure you are ready to go; without the need to go to the hardware or plumbing shops two or three times as you hunt down the parts you may have missed.
When we looked at the Larkooler website for the first time the other day, we saw that this is not their first rodeo. They have made other kits and separate water cooling components, long before this latest kit was sampled to us for testing. The SkyWater 330 Liquid Cooling System is just the latest and greatest of what Larkooler has to offer, and they were gracious enough to send it along, so we could see what it is all about.
After having seen a few of these kits (some great, and some that were almost there, but may have forgotten a thing or two), we know that the bar has already been set pretty high by companies like Swiftech and EKWB. Stick with us as we put this new SkyWater 330 through its paces, and see just how well Larkooler does in their new full kit, which is aimed at getting any user under water with the least bit of effort and planning involved.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now