As usual, we've got a bunch of boards in our graphs here today. On the Z87 front, we've got the G1.Sniper and Z87X-OC Force, both Z87 boards from GIGABYTE. Along with those, we've also got the ASRock Z87 OC Formula here in our graphs today. Alongside that, we've also got the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi to round off our collection of motherboards today.
Before we get into the performance of the board, we have to quickly take the time to cover the overclocking side of things. The process is all very typical. We head into the BIOS, try the 50x Multiplier to see if we can get 5GHz stable, and then get into Windows to discover that we aren't able to get the system running 100 percent.
We head back into the BIOS, move to the 49x Multiplier, and make sure everything is working. Once we know everything is going smooth, we fire up the BIOS again and see if we can do some tweaking with the BCLK and voltages to get higher than the often-common 4.9GHz.
With a bit of time and a whole lot of messing around with voltages, we ended up with a 101.5 BCLK to go alongside our 49x Multiplier. Together, this gives us a clock of 4975.13MHz, or 4.975GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a really fantastic overclock and should bring with it some strong gains in performance over the default clock speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now