As usual, we've got a bunch of boards in our graphs here today. On the Z87 front, we've got the G1.Sniper and Z87X-OC Force, both Z87 boards from GIGABYTE. Along with those, we've also got the ASRock Z87 OC Formula here in our graphs today. Alongside that, we've also got the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi to round off our collection of motherboards today.
Before we get into the performance of the board, we have to quickly take the time to cover the overclocking side of things. The process is all very typical. We head into the BIOS, try the 50x Multiplier to see if we can get 5GHz stable, and then get into Windows to discover that we aren't able to get the system running 100 percent.
We head back into the BIOS, move to the 49x Multiplier, and make sure everything is working. Once we know everything is going smooth, we fire up the BIOS again and see if we can do some tweaking with the BCLK and voltages to get higher than the often-common 4.9GHz.
With a bit of time and a whole lot of messing around with voltages, we ended up with a 101.5 BCLK to go alongside our 49x Multiplier. Together, this gives us a clock of 4975.13MHz, or 4.975GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a really fantastic overclock and should bring with it some strong gains in performance over the default clock speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now